“GIFT BONANZA 2014
NOTE: Any changes in fee structure can be check in GIFT GANDHI NGO GOOGLE blog www.giftfeestructure.blogspot.com as per condition apply.
All copy rights are reserved by GIFT: Gandhi Institute of Fashion and Textile. By Prof Khalid.
The Art of Design and their learning is not easy but at GIFT it is simplified by the virtue of God almighty for every individual learner.
It is a very difficult task to make the Course Abstract for Color which is to be learnt in a span of a few hours. A lot of thinking needs to be brought into consideration to create a learning of the subject with its methods and objectives like an unimaginable, enhanced intermission of the color and light that glows as ever for a successful path in all field of life. By the grace of God what so ever we do good and more good for our soul, which is God’s spirits in us, we should know how to be good, and if we are not as above then god is not concerned because he has given us hearing power, sight with intelligence to be humans that is why we are different and more meaningful than all creatures made by God.
As we all know that without stories one cannot grow and learn and it is only the understanding of this “story” that helps a person to lead a better life in future.
It is also a well known fact that every human has millions of stories to tell about themselves but expressing it through a quote or writing is not an easy task for every individual, leaving most part of the story incomplete and they have a sad demise where no one knows the “beginning” and “The End” of their stories.
Then how can one teach this sort of complete learning in the classroom about the transparent character of color to the fresh learner in such a short duration?
For example, in rocks you can not only see grey, silver or a dark charcoal, but also versatile growing color glowing like the violet, crimson , scarlet and lavender in winter and in summer. The above colors apart from the natural ones seem to be hazy in nature and the natural are comparatively more dominant. Hence we can infer that the colors that are not so obvious in the rocks are an understanding which is the main reason that the object looks pleasing to the eyes in spite of being coarse, hard and rough in its nature. This understanding when transferred into transparency also helps to be unbiased against certain colors of our liking making us more open to the wide range of colors present till today.
Another story of color which I see through the marine life in the down water is that in spite of the light not going to the deepest part of the oceans; life prevails which is so difficult to replicate today. This creation of God is a great example to understand that a simple medium of water through its properties plays the part of a prism and minerals create the translucence in it giving us a soft picture in our mind registering it for us to analyze. The understanding of how a squid changes colors in seconds, and how the fish are present in refreshing colors gives us a better understanding of how we can create a masterpiece using this quality of merging of colors in paintings.
Another example is while passing through the valleys, during a full moon starry night, surrounded with grown up trees, green fields, as well as the uphill and downhill widening path with breeze whistling away into the air, we sometimes hear the wild birds and animal noises from all directions. In the midst of this our ear simply cannot locate the exact direction of the source of the noise, making our eyes get rolled up in fear, and at this time we see the surrounding colors in nature full of mischief with a translucent effect. This shows that the color changes with the state of mind and when this is recalled and implemented through empirical methods creating picture plates in our mind it is going to be like color sorcery like the magicians playing the flute creating colors like violet, silver, grey, foggy blue and stone hues. This state of mind reduces the distance from your glance and these when taken as a color palette, and painted would give an extreme feeling of a sober haunted paradise and this again cannot be explained or expressed that well by talking and text. One needs to paint in order to understand this particular character of the above stories to understand them more effectively.
Another example is that the span between dawn and twilight, has a very dominant color of the atmosphere which is why the flying creatures and the objects seen appear to be not so strong in color that even though they have their own beauty of color losing its identity. This immediately relates to the story of the big fish eating the small fish or the fact that in front of the strong color the weak color loses its identity. Simply there is no darkness in the atmosphere during dawn and twilight that we can observe with our naked eyes.
The above understanding shows that as if some magician is weaving color in a transparent effect where we can notice every single color with immense depth changing its hues in such a way that many shades are seen.
As artist are without any technical gadgets, because if they use the photography media where the camera cannot be your eyes; it is simply because the camera lens sees everything and your eyes are very particular with your focused mind. So again try to paint the color picture with a flat brush for better understanding in an ornamental style of nature in geometry with controlled generosity.
For example the botanical, zoological, minerals, precious stones, metals sand, mud, rocks, marine life, atmosphere, fire etc. have infinite and nameless colors. Here the mathematical reasoning of humans may have failed till today but the discovery of the human nature certainly can answer a lot of questions to find the name subjectively. When the colors get blended in it and cling to each other interlacing in a way that become two and two and more better in pairs but still you will not find colors in total. Every research from the above subject certainly will bring some light to the human understanding but no one can challenge the creator of this wonderful paradise ever.
During the very first month of second semester at NID when I was learning sketching and painting in fine arts. I simply painted the roses according to my understanding without any consultation and guidance. The very next day when I had displayed my work on the soft board for guidance, my colleagues and teacher along with the entire class were laughing their heart out which was quite surprising to me. I thought that since I was a fresh learner without any background in this art I must have received such a reaction.
Later I realized that I had painted the roses bluish pink and this was how I understood color and my journey to understand it began from that instance of my life. Back home when I spoke to my elder brother Mr. Nasir.M.Rafique who at his time was the youngest principal of IHM Ahmedabad, laughed at me when I told him what had happened at NID. He suggested that we would consult a doctor to check my eyes with understanding of my brain pattern and then I realized that I could not see green and red and saw these colors as something else.
That made me completely blind to the above two colors, and this episode took a mysterious turn in my life where my knowledge started growing infinitely in the field of color transparency and its character.
After a few years when I was working in Kolkotta (Rishra-West Bengal) for the development of linen fabric, being the senior most person I selected 7 people as technicians and supervisors who were freshers. They certainly went through medical tests and checkups and brain mapping and understanding of colors in the industry where the doctor found out that some were color blind like me.
I remarked that they were present not to design but would be taking care of the weaving with colors. What ever color shade they would be given they would have to simply match that and rectify it to the right shade and the color blindness can never change two images in itself in one mind of the same color. That means that the given color is green and he had to match it accordingly and even if he sees the color as brown he would still see the right shade to be matched with the sample that he would be given. For this I was highly appreciated by the organization for my good gesture towards the human society.
I have crossed almost 35 years in the field of Textile and Apparel Designing and during this tenure I worked with Arvind Mills in Ahmedabad, Jayashree Textiles Kolkotta, Raymonds in thane, Gujarat Spinner and various small and large industries and also taught as a visiting and full time faculty at NID for 14 years and since 1995 teaching and heading GIFT.
For your reference the actual color picture plates is kept for your understanding and the practice can be done globally.
Thanks to God Almighty for my inspiration in faith to the masses along with my students in what GIFT teaches and believes.
Color Soul and Conclusions of Color Blindness
- Especially Home Textile and Home Décor is highly successful and appreciated and for all over ornamental style and Fashion works like embroidery.
- Another achievement of this exercise is that the learner can achieve speed with controlled accuracy, through effortless hand movement of powerful embossing strokes creating an instant composition without any hindrance and hesitation. The final finished product that develops the confidence and happiness making one forget the erasing habit making the GIFT learner overall stronger and positive towards their professional field.
- Embossing Exercise of GIFT is an amazingly versatile reflection of a meaning that one cannot possibly find to be given in any dictionary. This shows that it is not possible for other Design Institutions to practice it in the way it needs to be done. GIFT being an NGO has always been open for all to share their expertise for the designer’s community globally.
- The other example would be How to create color epoxies, for various textile and its uses in multiple styles through writing, scribbling, texturing, drawing of either nature, geometrical and abstract or anything of drawing and design having a fragile as well as a strong look overlapping in itself. Thus helping in creating two or more surfaces for one concept, its transparency.
- Like healing pads, bold, fragile, beautiful, maybe versatile, horizontal or directionless abstract, zigzag, geometrical, abstract or parallel, anything is possible for GIFT’s learner for making a concept on a controllable size such as cushion cover to bed spread never creating doubt in the learner’s mind about their confidence for the above.
- How should one believe the above mentioned?
- If you have an Ariel look of various cities such as
New York, Bombay, London, Paris, and and so on you can find without any denial attitude their projection in a systematic manner. That shows the world is beautiful with emboss and it means our heart and soul. Tokyo
- Due to the above understanding the world enjoys to watch unitedly through various meanings a total universe with earth in it.
- Such as watching Bay Watch or Bold and Beautiful from Lawrence Arabia to Titanic movies, sports events with its versatility where you can see the quick gesture in humans, small birds flying in a bunch, in the same manner, marine life which is full of dimension and still quite undiscovered today. These above examples are very close to the human mind inspite of which there is they are still without much practice to imagine such things meaningfully. This is why GIFT’s common learning in lesser time becomes best in learning due to continuous effort by learners as well as by GIFT faculties
- At GIFT we never say we are the best but always are under the struggle to practice that is why through GIFT’s product to show, our designing skills and education we are earning immense respect and recognition.
- COLOUR AND THEIR TRANSPARENT CHARACTER
- PHOTO WATER COLOUR
- ORNAMENTAL DESIGN
- EMBOSS PAINTING
- STENCIL PAINTING / PRINTING
- PENCIL SHADING
- FABRIC PAINTING
- LEARN HOW TO MAKE DESIGN FOLIOS FROM ALL ABOVE LEARNING
- LEARN CUSHION COVER DESIGN
- LEARN TABLE COVER AND MAT DESIGN
- LEARN BED SPREAD DESIGN
- LEARN CURTAIN DESIGN
- LEARN WALL HANGING (PAINTING & DRAWING)
- LEARN ARCHITECTURE INTERIOR DRAWING
- LEARN ACHITECTURAL INTERIOR PHOTOGRAPHY
- LEARN ACHITECTURE EXTERNAL CORRELATED INTERIOR PHOTOGRAPHY
Uploaded date 14th Feb 2014
Prof. Khalid Ameer Rafique 10 Years research and experimentation with various segments of learners before beginning of GIFT and result, since 1995 is…………………………………………………
and “TITANIC” size of NID and NIFT ???????
FOR MORE DETAIL OF GIFT BLOGS FOR VIEWER PERUSAL AS FOLLOW:
Note: All the information in the above blogs is for education purpose and anybody who is learning designing in any design institution can use the above knowledge without fear. Otherwise professionally they must understand its copyrights by GIFT: Gandhi Institute of Fashion & Textile.